Below is the criteria for both US and International medical graduates.
US Medical/Osteopathic Graduate Criteria
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE), Dean's Letter
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript*
- Medical School Transcript
- Eligible for resident licensure through the SD Board of Medical & Osteopathic Examiners. To be licensed in South Dakota requires passage of each component of the USMLE in three attempts or less, and within a seven year time span from the first attempt of USMLE Step 1 through successful completion of Step 3.
International Medical Graduate Criteria
The minimum criteria for foreign medical graduates that must be met to be considered for interviews in our program:
- All criteria as stated above for US medical/osteopathic graduates.
- You must have familiarity with the US healthcare system.
- USMLE steps must be passed on the first attempt.
- You must be ECFMG certified.
- All applications are accepted through ERAS, and resident acceptance is accomplished through the NRMP Match process.
- You must demonstrate excellent and understandable written and spoken English language communication skills.
- Time interval since most recent clinical experience (educational or practice) must be less than two years.
- You must have permanent residency or citizenship or a valid visa permitting employment in the US. Center for Family Medicine does not sponsor visas.